Should I Do A Crossover?

 If you've read my books, you know they all occur in the same universe. Michael and Jessica have made their way into every every book. Their lives progressing ever forward with each new addition. Which puts me in a position to have both worlds (the love story and thrillers) collide, sort to speak. 

Before I began working on What Can't Be Bought, I had started a new Michael Cailen thriller. But I was a little burned out from the bad guys being so bad, which you kind of need in a spy thriller. Wouldn't be much of a thriller if the bad guy was only mildly annoying and stole office supplies. (Might make for a good comedy though. Ha.) Anyway, I shifted gears and began writing a love story. There was still drama, tension, a couple minor bad guys, and of course, suspense. But the general feeling is lighter and more hopeful and happy. So it was a welcome change.

When I wrote What Can't Be Stolen, I brought in a little more of the spy world aspect. Michael has a bigger role and I was able to blend his spec-ops training into the story line making the plot more exciting and closer to my thrillers without the much heavier topics of human trafficking, drugs, mafias, or kidnapping. It was a lot of fun and I had fun getting Michael back into the action, which led me to wonder. What if I wrote the next Michael Cailen thriller and the next "What Can't Be" series love story at the same time? Have both plots occurring at the same time and have both stories crossover? Viktor needs Michael's help but Michael is tied up on the other side of the world, then Michael needs help and goes to his billionaire buddy for a little assist. I haven't worked out just how the stories will overlap but I think it's a fun project and I've already started. Working titles right now are "What Can't Be Broken" and "Betrayed By Avarice". I'll let you figure out which one is which. 

I'm excited to be back to writing again. I've already got seven chapters in Betrayed By Avarice. What do you think? Would you read two different genres where the stories overlapped?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Beef With Plot Holes

I Wanted To Have Some Fun!

Expanding Distribution