Things You May Have Noticed

You may have noticed that sunsets are a recurring theme in my books, as is hiking, being outdoors, the ocean, etc. This is no coincidence. I must admit that many of the characters (especially the female ones) have similar traits to myself. I love the ocean, hiking, camping, watching the sunset. I try to exercise and eat right but I'm certainly not a fanatic. I love dessert as much as the next person and I love coffee.

That is not to say that I mirror all my female characters. I definitely don't cry as much as Jessica (Black Pawn), though I have friends who do. Haha. Sometimes I feel rather emotionless by comparison. I do love to drive though and when I was younger, did a lot of crazy things with my car like Jessica. Like her, I love manual transmission cars though now (in my old age) I drive an automatic. I am a major car enthusiast and I would kill to drive a Bugatti. A girl can dream. 

Out of all my characters, I think Amanda (What Can't Be Bought) comes closest to my personality. I'm generally easy going, don't get offended easily and I try to make allowances for others as I hope they will make for me. I'm not interested in wealth and riches. I don't like having rigid plans, I'd rather go with the flow and be spontaneous. I have a sense of humor. I'm an early riser, up at 5:00 almost every morning. If I woke at 9:00, I'd feel like I wasted half the day. (My friends think I'm crazy. Haha.) 

So that's a little background on where some of my characters come from. Do you have a favorite character? If so, tell me who and why in the comments. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanted To Have Some Fun!

What had happened was...

My Beef With Plot Holes